Countess Josephine

An Island Francophile with British roots rolled together with solid Americana, garnished with Asian/African heritage and a whisper of the Mediterranean, I love to practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty. Throwing some Sunshine your way - Enjoy!

Friday, January 17, 2014

My Atlantean Roots

 
She is beautiful.  A muse of sorts. 
She loved being on the surface feeling the sun on her face and the wind in her hair.
 She comes from some where unknown. 
Beneath the surface. Near Bimini perhaps. 
Where the road long ago once bustled with fins and perhaps even feet. 
She surfaces for only one minute. It is forbidden.
You have seen her. A glimmer out the corner of your eye.
No ones believes she exists.

Her father has strict rules about contact.
But she yearns to meet the land people.
It makes him angry every time. Then winds blow with rage.
Ships enveloped by the waves on a sunny day.

Lives are lost. All her fault.She is sad.
Alone in her beauty and knowledge.
She leaves it all behind.
Banished by self to solitude.
Now the Bimini Road lays untouched.

 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wish I could meet her, but perhaps I already have...

L.S.

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this. I felt like I was on the beach in the Bahamas. The visual is beautiful and the picture fits perfectly. Thank you!

by Lisa and Nicole said...

you are welcome - thanks for reading