Countess Josephine

An Island Francophile with British roots rolled together with solid Americana, garnished with Asian/African heritage and a whisper of the Mediterranean, I love to practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty. Throwing some Sunshine your way - Enjoy!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

In Eggs We Trust

"ah la peanutbutter sandwiches - poof!!" - Count, Sesame Street
Cough - Cough (smoke clearing)

 I am always looking for new ways to serve eggs for breakfast or anytime of the day for that matter. This moring was no different. After waking shortly after four and doing 45 mins of yoga for my aching back I channel surfed and surfed and surfed.

With nothing interesting on cable -hmmmmm - that's a mouthful, I moved onto  netflix.

I came across a movie called Today's Special. About a trained chef with big dreams and family obligations that derail his plans. This movie has heart and a lot of food. There were many heartwarming moments throughout the movie, but the one that struck me was the enigmatic but open book taxi driver/chef, who advise our star to follow his gut and heart along with his brain when cooking.

So taking my cues from all those famous for it, I...wait for it...
IMPROVISED!! 

I decided to throw something together and it was, according to my family, different and delicious - I like thoses Ds and really it was the same old EEEEEssss.

Oven: 375 degrees
Ingredients: four eggs whipped with splash of milk, sprinkled with red salt and black pepper
Poured: in a greased muffin pan
Layered: on ready-made Pilsbury Biscuit dough (5 large split into 10)
Topped: Mild cheese and folded honey baked ham slices
Baked: 25 - 30 mins
Served: immediately

Tips: Do not overfill (gets really messy as if bubbles over) and use judgement on time as biscuits and eggs should be cooked all the way through but not burnt. Also watch salt, as ham or bacon may accomodate for that.

Ideas:
Egg, Bacon Toast Cups


No comments: