Countess Josephine

An Island Francophile with British roots rolled together with solid Americana, garnished with Asian/African heritage and a whisper of the Mediterranean, I love to practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty. Throwing some Sunshine your way - Enjoy!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Victorians in Egypt

I time travelled today. 
To a place unknown to most. 
To a place of long forgotten things.
Treasured only by a select few. 
The love of all things old but new again. 
The love of items with a heavy past,
 shrouded in mystery of days gone by. 

I fell into a time, 
comforted by it's familiarity -
feeling the smooth edge of more. 
Time traveling,  the clocks surrounded me. 
Everywhere, I turned - the tick and tock struck.

Heavy was the weight in gold, 
my eyes gleamed with awe.
I was struck, stuck in a spot of delight.
I felt at home, warm and cozy.
Intellectually connected.
Graced
A gentleman's welcome home.

No comments: