Countess Josephine

An Island Francophile with British roots rolled together with solid Americana, garnished with Asian/African heritage and a whisper of the Mediterranean, I love to practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty. Throwing some Sunshine your way - Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Actress


By Epiphany


I sit and wait
Where it is cold and dark
But I know my fate
Without me she feels stark

I have flowers and feathers and jewels too
and a bit of tulle which hides the view
The lid opens, she gasps and coos
I live up high a top and slightly askew

With mystery and intrigue
Carried to and fro
No one's in my league
I'm a snob, I know

It time to go out
finally on display
I want shout
Horay hooray

C’est la vie
and a great one at that
darling you'll love me
I am an evening hat

No comments: