Countess Josephine

An Island Francophile with British roots rolled together with solid Americana, garnished with Asian/African heritage and a whisper of the Mediterranean, I love to practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty. Throwing some Sunshine your way - Enjoy!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Chez Nous



Welcome to our house...well it is not really our house, but I wouldn't mind if it was. Just imagine if you will, the worn tile  floors, the layers of peeling wallpaper, the chipped paint and faded fabric covering most of the furniture... Oh so shabby chic, truly bourgeois and most comforting. Just the way I like it.

As I continue the tour in my mind, I see precious antiques lovingly passed down through the decades. Portraits of staunch family members hanging on the wall of the genealogy room and over sized fireplaces.

The wooden floors creak under my every step and the pitter patter of petite feet are heard echoing throughout our belle maison. As I peek pass the delicate lace of Brittany and satin of Lyon lining the windows, I see rustic wrought iron furniture sitting in the back yard beckoning for breakfast to be eaten under the morning sun. The coffee strong, the croissant fresh and the love everlasting. This picture although a duo tone is living a truly technicolor life in my mind. Toujours! Countess Josephine  

No comments: